German Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney
Main areas of practice
- Patents and Utility Models
- Trademarks and Designs
- Opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office
- Freedom-To-Operate (FTO) and validity opinions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Law on Employee Inventions (ArbnErfG)
Wilfried Ehmer has been working in the field of Intellectual Property since 2002. Since 2008 he is professional representative before the European Patent Office (EPO) as well as the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). In 2014 he has been admitted as Patent Attorney, representing before the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) and the Federal Patent Court (BPatG).
Before joining DTS, Wilfried Ehmer was Head of Intellectual Property Rights at a group company based mainly in the field of beverage and packaging industry. Prior to that he has been a Senior Patent Manager at an international company, having its business in the field of engineering for the chemical industry.
- Beverage and food technologies
- Aseptic filling technologies
- Packaging technologies
- Logistic and storing systems
- Sensor systems for automation
- Process management for multi-machines production lines
- Chemical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical engineering studies at the University of Dortmund (Diploma), Germany.
- Diploma thesis “Kinetic of the reaction of SO2 on calcium hydroxide particles as a theoretical and experimental diploma thesis”.
- European Qualifying Examination before the European Patent Office (2008)
- Training as German Patent Attorney as industrial employee including law studies at the University of Hagen, the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA). Team member at DTS-Law since April 2021.
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
- Vereinigung von Fachleuten des Gewerblichen Rechtsschutzes (VPP)
Foto: connolly weber, München